Thursday, March 20, 2014

Just Another Day

The last few days have been a true gift.  The outreach, as result of my blog, has nourished me and my family in ways that I can't begin to describe.  Thank you!  The best feedback I received was from people that were reticent to reach out to me and talk but were very appreciative that, through the blog, I provided insight into my world and the ordeal that we are all dealing with in some way. I get it! It's not easy for some, myself included, to talk about such things so I am glad the blog helps.  I do this as a means to work through my thoughts and feelings but some days I choose not to have thoughts or feelings so I will not endeavor to make this a daily diatribe.  For after all, we all have lives to live and shit to do. One of my high school friends expressed this lovely sentiment today..... "it isn't about the number we reach but is how we enjoy reaching the number"  Some would argue that I sometimes over enjoyed but that is a debate for another day! 

Video Link.  https://vimeo.com/89664105

 


Think Boating Season!

10 comments:

  1. You da man. I could only hope to aspire to be half the man you are. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In support of you having to put on a few pounds I have decided to match you pound for pound. It's just a sacrifice that I will make for a good friend. Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll keep walking and having our belly laughs, this is the best medicine a friend can offer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jamey it's Lori Call. I know you have probably heard a thousand I am sorry, but I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Please know I and my prayer group will be praying for you and your family. I have thought about you tons of times since EBI, wondered how you and your family were. Your kids were just toddlers then. Oh how they grow, Gavin is going to be 14, like it happened over night. Praying for you Jamey, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers! They definitely help! Hope all is well with you and I'll try to keep all up to date.

      Delete
  5. Jamey - you always were one to hit things straight on with the biggest smile ever and having fun while doing so, all of us at your side. Keep on smiling, we are still here at your side!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Still smiling and will continue to do so!

      Delete