Monday, February 16, 2015

Not letting you Bastards off the Hook!

 
 
 
One of the toughest things to do when you receive a life-threatening diagnosis is giving yourself a voice. A voice to discuss your feelings, thoughts and message in a respectful and dignified way that allows you to leave a lasting "Legacy" for those you love. Legacy Mission does just that.... they are a non-profit that has been around for a little over a year and is giving a forum for children and adults to express themselves on a topic that most of us have a difficult time discussing to any great measure. The individuals at Legacy Mission are tremendous people to work with and I give thanks, everyday, that they came in to my life when they did. The following link takes you to their site where you can find a vignette, one of many that we have worked on, that I thought was appropriate to share at this time. 

There are many more videos that will probably never be seen until such time that I am no longer here.  Reviewing these and editing them is very difficult for me both from a reality and vanity standpoint.  My hope is that these vignettes will allow me, in some measure, to be involved in the lives of my kids, broader family and friends as they all grow older and experience the full richness of life.  Without the lows...there can't be the highs.  The saddest truth, for me, is time does fade our memories of passed loved ones.  My thoughts, captured in video is my narcissistic attempt to not let you bastards off the hook that easy.   
 
"There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by the tail and face the situation."
                W.C. Fields

http://www.legacymission.org/
See More







 
Creating A Living Legacy For Loved Ones
legacymission.org






No comments:

Post a Comment